What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?
First Bank offers multiple ways for you to protect your money if your debit card is misplaced(1) or stolen.
- Call us during business hours at (601) 684-2231 or (800) 918-2856. If outside of normal business hours, you can report your card by calling (866) 546-8273
- Disable your card with Card Freeze™ through your First Bank On The Go mobile app(2)
If reporting by phone, please be ready to provide First Bank’s ABA Routing Number (065303386) and the last 4 digits of your debit card(3), plus any other identifying information. Your card will be permanently deactivated upon being reported lost or stolen.
(1) First Bank may assess a $5 replacement fee for lost or abused cards.
(2) Disabling your card through Card Freeze™ will not permanently deactivate your card. Notify the bank if a replacement card is needed.
(3) If possible, locate a receipt in order to verify your card number
Protecting Your Debit Card
Protect your card
- Sign your card immediately upon receiving it and perform an account inquiry at an ATM to activate the new card
- Do not lend your card to anyone unless you are comfortable with them having access to your cash
- Save your receipts to compare against your statements
- Notify the bank immediately if you notice any unauthorized or suspicious transactions
- Contact us immediately if your card is lost or stolen or becomes compromised in any way.
Protect your PIN
- Memorize your PIN
- Do not write it on your card
- Do not give your PIN number to anyone over the phone or internet
- When making a purchase never let a store clerk enter your PIN number for you
- Remember no one needs to know your PIN number but you
Learn how to protect yourself account with enhanced security features from First Bank.
Freezing your card is better than a bowl of ice cream!
Using our On the Go Mobile deactivating your card is a breeze!
To find out more visit our On the Go Protect page.