Weíve collected the most Frequently Asked Questions on this page for easy reference. If your question isnít answered here, please call a Customer Service Representative at (601) 684-2231 or at phone numbers listed under the Locations tab on the home page for offices other than the McComb Main Office.

Choose a topic:



Personal Banking

Q. How can I get the current rates on products offered by First Bank?

A. You can get the most current interest rates for Time Deposit accounts by calling Quick Check at (601) 684-2262 and selecting the interest rate option, or during banking hours, you can call (601) 684-2231 or stop by First Bankís office to obtain any rate.

Q. How can I set up direct deposit to my account?

A. To set up direct deposit (ACH) to your account at First Bank, contact your employer or the company facilitating the deposit to initiate the transaction. You may also follow instructions and use the forms in our Switch Kit information found on this website.

Q. What is First Bankís Routing/Transit or ABA number?

A. 065303386

Q. How do I change my address or phone number?

A. You can update your address and phone number by visiting the nearest First Bank location to provide the change of address in writing.

Q. How can I send a wire transfer?

A. You can send an outgoing wire transfer via:

  • Online Banking with our Cash Management service
  • Through your Customer Service Representative at any of our First Bank offices

Q. What information do I need to send a wire transfer?

A. The person or business you are trying to send a wire to should provide you with wiring instructions that contain the receiving banksí name, address, and routing number along with the beneficiaries name and account number.

Q. How can I receive a wire transfer?

A. You can provide our bank name, address, and routing number along with your account number and name to the sender in order to receive a wire. If the wire is coming from another country, please contact us for foreign wiring instructions.

Back to Top

Checking & Savings Accounts

Q. What types of overdraft protection does First Bank offer? How can I set up overdraft protection on my checking account?

A. First Bankís solution is provided via an automated transfer from your First Bank savings account or established line of credit.

Q. How can I place a stop payment?

A. You may request stop payment services for a check that has not already been accepted by First Bank for processing. To place a stop payment online, log in to online banking and select the appropriate account from the Accounts tab. Click on Stop Payments from the menu header and complete the requested information, then click submit. You may also request a stop payment by contacting your Customer Service Representative. A stop payment will be in effect for 6 months from the date accepted and a fee will be charged to your account.

Back to Top

Debit & Credit Cards

Q. Why was I assessed an ATM fee?

A. You may be charged a terminal fee by another bank when using your First Bank Debit/ATM card at their ATM when making cash withdrawals. You may also be charged a fee by another bank for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a funds transfer.

Q. How can I report a lost or stolen credit card?

A. During banking hours, stop by a First Bank Office or contact us at (601) 684-2231. After hours, please contact 1-866-546-8273, give the card center First Bankís ABA # (065303386) with the last 4 digits of your card # (look on a receipt), plus other identifying information.  You can also report a card lost or stolen with Card Freeze via the First Bank (MS) On the Go mobile app.

Q. How can I get a replacement debit or credit card?

A. During banking hours, stop by a First Bank Office or contact us at (601) 684-2231. First Bank offers convenience to our customers, instantly!  Simply walk into a branch and, within seconds, receive a fully functioning, active payment card.  Application is required.  To protect our customers, we cannot fulfill online requests for replacement cards.

Q. How can I initiate a Debit/ATM Point of Sale dispute?

A. Disputes for ATM transactions or Point of Sale transactions (merchant transactions using your pin number) can be initiated by completing a dispute form, which can be obtained by contacting a Customer Service at a full-service office of First Bank.

Q. How can I change my Debit/ATM PIN?

A. Visit our Edgewood Mall, Brookhaven, Hattiesburg Midtown offices with your card for assistance.

Q. I cannot see my closed account online and would like to get a statement. How can I go about getting one?

A. Statements can be retrieved for you by our Account Services personnel at (601) 684-2231.

Back to Top


Q. What loan products does First Bank offer?

A. First Bank offers the following loan products:

  • Commercial and Industrial Loans
  • Commercial Real Estate Loans
  • Construction Loans
  • First Bank offers both secured and unsecured loans for personal use based on the needs of our clients (this includes mortgage products)

Contact us at (601) 684-2231 (or other office numbers listed on our websiteís Locations tab) for more information on our loan programs.

Back to Top

FDIC Insurance Coverage

Q. Are my deposits insured by the FDIC?

A. The FDIC Standard Maximum Deposit Insurance Amount (SMDIA) for deposits has been permanently increased to $250,000 per depositor per insured financial institution. The following special rules apply to non-interesting bearing transaction accounts:

    All funds in a "noninterest-bearing transaction account" are insured in full by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation from December 31, 2010, through December 31, 2012. This temporary unlimited coverage is in addition to, and separate from, the coverage of at least $250,000 available to depositors under the FDIC's general deposit insurance rules. The term "noninterest-bearing transaction account" includes a traditional checking account or demand deposit account on which the insured depository institution pays no interest. It also includes Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts ("IOLTAs"). It does not include other accounts, such as traditional checking or demand deposit accounts that may earn interest, NOW accounts, and money-market deposit accounts. For more information about temporary FDIC insurance coverage of transaction accounts, contact FDIC toll-free at 1.877.ASK.FDIC (1.877.275.3342) or visit www.fdic.gov.
  • Starting January 1, 2013: The FDIC will no longer fully insure deposits in non-interest bearing transaction accounts (including IOLTAs). Funds in non-interest bearing transaction accounts (including IOLTAs) will be insured to at least $250,000 under the FDICs general deposit insurance rules.

Q. How do I determine if all my deposits at First Bank are fully insured by the FDIC?

A. Visit FDIC.gov for detailed information on insurance coverage. This includes access to the FDICís insurance calculator EDIE (Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator). The site also includes deposit insurance FAQs and videos.

Back to Top

Online and Mobile Banking

Click here for Online and Mobile Banking FAQs.

Back to Top